We’re looking for a high caliber organizing director who can lead our statewide environmental justice organizing efforts. Feel free to share this job announcement with any qualified applicants you know!
Position Title: Organizing Director, Environmental Justice
Location: Reno, NV
Compensation: Full time, salary range $35,000 – 45,000 depending on experience; competitive benefits and vacation package.
Application Deadline: June 6th, 2017
The Environmental Justice Organizing Director leads an intersectional program aimed at promoting climate justice and energy democracy, and increased accountability for mining corporations operating in Nevada and abroad. The Organizing Director is responsible for expanding and diversifying the voices of those engaged on these issues, especially rural and Native communities. They will advance PLAN’s mining justice policy reform agenda and build power for a just transition to 100% renewable energy.
- Organize events, grassroots actions and campaigns to promote PLAN program goals.
- Research and analyze information on mining policy, climate and clean energy initiatives, and environmental justice issues in Nevada and nationally to inform campaigns and strategy.
- Recruit, support, educate and organize multi-constituency, unlikely and diverse leaders and community partners to advance environmental justice goals and campaigns.
- Produce materials and information on PLAN’s efforts including mailings, social media blasts, blog posts, and fundraising reports.
- Assist with PLAN fundraising goals.
- Supervise staff and interns working on Environmental Justice and other PLAN program areas.
- 3 – 5 years of experience with extraction and/or climate justice organizing, activism or campaigning.
- Strong verbal communication, writing and research skills; capacity to effectively communicate with allies from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience supervising staff, interns and volunteers in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proven capacity to promote leadership development and community organizing within an intersectional framework.
- Proficient in Dropbox and Google applications.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and a 1-page cover letter to Bob Fulkerson at email@example.com with “Organizing Director” in the subject line. Women, Indigenous, and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada was founded in 1994 to bring together diverse and potentially competing organizations into one cohesive force for social and environmental justice in Nevada. Our mission is to build a more fair and just Nevada that puts people and planet first.